Video Chaser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what does freedom mean in your mind?

+10
RileyYin
melissa15
Eric-05
Davidhuo
05crystal
Sophia14
sophie jinping
Angela*
lanny.liu
Selena 5
14 posters

Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty what does freedom mean in your mind?

Post  Selena 5 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:38 pm

There is no doubt that the theme of this movie is about freedom. In the movie, William devoted his life to the cause of freedom. In Chinese history, there were many people who sacrifice their lives for freedom. In China, there is a very poem. I do not know how to translate it, so i just write it in Chinese here. 生命诚可贵,爱情价更高。若为自由故,二者皆可抛。So, what do you think about freedom?

Selena 5

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty freedom

Post  lanny.liu Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 am

Selena 5 wrote:。So, what do you think about freedom?
Freedom is really the most important thing for me, but sometimes I will feel confused about what’s real freedom. Does freedom mean do what want to do or pursuit what I want to pursuit? Does it mean I don’t need to care others’ feelings or not? You know, now no one invade us thus need us to fight for like Wallace in the film. It seems that we limited ourselves sometimes, so it’s really hard to fight for it for may don’t know how. Question

lanny.liu

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty Re:

Post  Angela* Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Freedom is something hard to be defined as a whole. The principle of free will has religious, ethical, and scientific implications. The freedom put forward in your post is the freedom of a nation, and it represents the whole interests a nation. But for individuals, sometimes it is the will to make choices free from certain kinds of constraints.

Angela*

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty Re: what does freedom mean in your mind?

Post  sophie jinping Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:40 pm

do want i want to do. have something to do. and have some people to share with my life.

sophie jinping

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty the freedom

Post  Sophia14 Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:40 pm

in fact, i do not really understand whai is real freedom. at first, i think if you have freedom, you can do what you want and what you like. but later, i find it is impossible. even though you have freedom, you have to do the things that are leagle and reasonable rather than everything you want to do. freedom is that you have your own rights, you will not controled by other people. this is just my opinion.

Sophia14

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty Re: what does freedom mean in your mind?

Post  05crystal Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 am

I can hardly give a definite explaination of freedom, but in my eyes freedom never means do what we want to do. Under the civilized condition, freedom means a relative freedom, which should be carried out in accordance with laws and morality. Thus, in a sense, freedom indicates one has all the legal rights as human being as well as civilian.

05crystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Davidhuo Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Freedom is an abstract term. We had better concretize it. As far as I'm concerned, freedom can be understood from three levels--legally, physically and psychologically. Both Braveheart and the Patriot refects the legal freedom, namely, they claim to found a independent country without invasion and oppression. Physically, freedom is obvious--if a person catches a disease, he has lost part of or all his body freedom. Psychologically, if what we did satisfied our heart, we can say it's mentally freedom. So physical freedom and psychological freedom are often combined with each other.

Davidhuo

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty re:

Post  Eric-05 Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 am

I think freedom is that I could do what I want in my own way. I could define it right or wrong in my mind and choose whether I will do it or not. It is essential for me to have a free body which couldn’t control by other person. What is important is the freedom in mind.

Eric-05

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty about freedom

Post  melissa15 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 am

[quote="sophie jinping"]do want i want to do. have something to do. and have some people to share with my life.
i don't think that freedom means doing what you want to do. if everyone think freedom as that, how can God make everyone satisfied and meet their need or want?nothing in the world is absolute, including freedom.

melissa15

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyYin Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Selena 5 wrote:There is no doubt that the theme of this movie is about freedom. In the movie, William devoted his life to the cause of freedom. In Chinese history, there were many people who sacrifice their lives for freedom. In China, there is a very poem. I do not know how to translate it, so i just write it in Chinese here. 生命诚可贵,爱情价更高。若为自由故,二者皆可抛。So, what do you think about freedom?

Do you really believe the Chinese poem? In my opinion, many people sacrifice freedom for love. Well, what is freedom? It is hard to define. If people have freedom, thay can do anything according to their own willingness.

RileyYin

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty Freedom

Post  Anna~ Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Why do we want freedom, because we felt bound in, and sometimes it's spiritual bondage, sometimes is physical bondage, then we will be very desire for freedom.
But freedom is not freely, like, freedom is limited, we are in various restrictions, get a physical or emotional freedom, this is what we want to explore the nature of freedom

Anna~

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie* Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:27 pm

freedom with responsibility maybe

chrissie*

Back to top Go down

what does freedom mean in your mind? Empty Answer to the question

Post  Richard007 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 am

I think freedom is that I can do what I want all the time. Of course the premise is that I am a good person and I will never hurt others.

Richard007

Back to top Go down

Post  Dianapu Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:50 pm

as for me freedom is important but not everything. because during a long life, there must somebody or something restricting our freedom. we can feel disrtresses, but can do nothing unless you can be somebody. it is the fact.

Dianapu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down