Video Chaser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seabiscuit (Part two)

+16
Davidhuo
lydia he
chrissie*
Selena 5
melissa15
Juliaye
Angela*
lanny.liu
Vicki Z
RileyYin
Richard007
emma-lee
sunnysun
chenny
Grace520
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty Seabiscuit (Part two)

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:06 am

Failure is the mother of success, and perseverance is its father?

Give some examples from the movie, today's society, your life, which make this statement true.

Admin
Admin

https://videochaser.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty Thomas Edison

Post  Grace520 Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 am

Admin wrote:Failure is the mother of success, and perseverance is its father?

Give some examples from the movie, today's society, your life, which make this statement true.
Lights have been obviously a necessary part of our modern life. But we shouldn't forget how much this great invention has taken. It is said that Edison has experienced thousands of failures and succeed finally. His perseverance and his failures make great contribution to his final success.

Grace520

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty Re: Seabiscuit (Part two)

Post  chenny Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 pm

I totally agree with this statement that "failure is the mother of success and perseverance is its father".
In the movie, Red and Seabiscuit both experienced failure but the did't giva up. nobody can always win. failure is aomething we all have to encounter and deal with in our life. what matters is not failure itself but the attitude we take toward it. as long as one is perseverant, success will enventually come.

chenny

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty failure is the mother of success,perseverance is its father

Post  sunnysun Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Failure is the mother of success, perseverance is its father. Without perseverance, no one can be success.
Red and Seabiscuit lost the first match, but they didn't give up and practice more. Later they win lots of match and become the shining stars on the race course. Unfortunately, Red hurt his leg badly, so did Seabiscuit. But the two old partners never give up. When they meet each other with bandages on their legs, the picture is very warm. despite the danger to be disability,Red and Seabiscuit win an important race at the end of movie. Their spirit motivate all the people there. Their perseverance moves so many audiences.
the era of Seabiscuit is also the time of Great Depression. The spirit of Seabiscuit encourage American to face the Great Depression bravely and develop its economy gradually. IT can be speak of that the perseverance is the present of American at that time.

sunnysun

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty re-seabiscuit 2

Post  emma-lee Tue May 01, 2012 10:00 am

In most cases, the statement is right.
In the movie, thanks to the failure, the jockey of seabiscuit knew better of himself and the horse. It is also his perseverance that makes him and the horse go to the race finally.
In today’s society, failure is the common thing. We have to face it and go on to try to win success. We seldom get success without enduring failure. We have to persevere and learn some lesson from the failure.
In my life, for example, I couldn’t learn physics well when I was in senior high. I had to spend a lot of time studying it. With the time passing by, it got better later. I believe that it makes this statement true.

emma-lee

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty Failure is the mother of success

Post  Richard007 Tue May 01, 2012 11:45 am

I have found one scene in the film which can prove this statement to be

true. After Red wins some small matches with seabiscuit, he is

deafeated in the match in SANTA ANITA RACE TRACK, Arcadia, California.

However, he denies that he failed after the match and he thinks the

only reason why he loses is because someone fouled him. He should not

have lost. I think at that time Red is cheating himeself. In my

opinion, no one always suffers a lot just like the Teenage Years of

Red. Meanwhile, no one will be continueously successful after he made

it one or two times. It is obvious that we may success or lose

throughout the whole life span. What we need to do is clam down when we

fail. Only by analysising failure reasonably can we success again.

Besides, since failure can make one mature, the success followed will

be more meanningful and valuable than the previous one.

Richard007

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty Failure is the mother of success.

Post  RileyYin Tue May 01, 2012 4:48 pm

this is a statement proved by countless facts. as to the facts in the movie, Red's experience has proved it true. At first, Red's small success with Seabiscuit , is the fruit of his continuous effort . And of course, perseverance is a must condition for his later victory in the end, after the lose in SANTA ANITA RACE TRACK, Arcadia, California. Failure gives people motive power, while perseverance is the main source of success.

RileyYin

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty R e

Post  Vicki Z Wed May 02, 2012 4:26 pm

I do believe that "failure is the mother of success and perseverance is its father". In this movie, we can see, both Red and the horse have experienced deadly failure, but thank to Red's perseverance, they both got back on. Nobody can always win. Setbacks are what we all have to encounter and deal with in our life. Failure is mountain for pessimist, but a stepstone for optimist. So what matters greatly is our attitude not setbacks.

Vicki Z

Back to top Go down

Post  lanny.liu Thu May 03, 2012 5:09 am

Admin wrote:Failure is the mother of success, and perseverance is its father?

In this film it’s obvious that without so many times of failure and standing up again, they wouldn’t succeed at last. In another film, The Pursuit Of Happyness, the situation is the same. The man failed many times, and his wife left him and he lost all his money in a bad investment. Sometimes he couldn’t find a place to sleep, but finally he succeeds in finding a job to support himself and his son. It’s the same in our daily life; nothing is easy to be achieved without perseverance. As a proverb goes, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

lanny.liu

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty A girl

Post  Angela* Thu May 03, 2012 5:36 am

I have just read a report about a young girl, who was the same age with us. She has to leave her school at about 16 years old because her family couldn’t afford the fees. After drooping out from school, she went to look for a job to make money. Then she got an occasional opportunity to be a cleaner in an Academy of Fine Arts. For she adored the students there and she wanted to go to school again, she studied all by herself after working. She worked quite hard in self study, and she spent at least ten hours a day in learning how to paint. She attends the college entrance exam last year, but failed for lack of knowledge. But she never gives up her dreams before the failure. She continued to study hard and never give up. This year, her professional school test scores have passed the QingHua University; maybe she will realize her dream soon. So, I think “Failure is the mother of success, and perseverance is its father!”

Angela*

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty success

Post  Juliaye Thu May 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Failure is hurtful to people’s mind, but it may become the catalyst to success. There are many examples of this. We can see from the movie that, the horse and its owner were both failed in their young life. But they didn’t give up. They tried to learn from failure and made adjustment. Maybe we can say that failure is the mother of success and perseverance is its father. In our society, we also can see a lot of disabled people who fight for the hardship. They stick on their dream and finally, they make it.

Juliaye

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty failure and perseverance

Post  melissa15 Fri May 04, 2012 11:37 am

i think the sentence"Failure is the mother of success, and perseverance is its father" is right. we can't escape the difficulty that life gives us. when we fail, someone may deny themselves. we should try to find the lessons we can learn from the failure. never say give up . once you have a chance, we should keep on and try to do it perfectly.

melissa15

Back to top Go down

Post  Selena 5 Sun May 06, 2012 9:45 am

I totally agree with this statement. In the movie, Seabiscuit and Red both experienced a lot of failure, but they did not give up, so they succeeded at last. In our daily life, there are many people who run their own business. However, at the beginning they are not as successful as they expect. But they persist in their business and become great entrepreneurs. As for ourselves, I believe we all have the experience of failing the exam. But we don’t stop study. And in the end, we become college students and will go on our study.

Selena 5

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie* Sun May 06, 2012 9:56 am

Failure is the mother of success, but not every mother will give birth to the baby success.

There is another saying that those things in life that do not kill us make us stronger. We could see a lot of person who struggle for their success and they become very tough and strong. And much often the case is some people struggled, they fight and compete using all their efforts, while they are not definitely inclined to their expectations. Failure is the mother of success, and only one more try that make the relationship occur. Success outnumbers failure for only one time.

chrissie*

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty opinion~

Post  lydia he Sun May 06, 2012 11:49 am

I agree with this opinion - “Failure is the mother of success, perseverance is its father.”In this film it’s obvious that without so many times of failure and standing up again, they wouldn’t succeed at last. Although Red and Seabiscuit lost the first match, they haven’t given up and practice more. And then they win lots of matches.
Nowadays, failure is very common. No one can succeed without failure. We have to face failure and learn from the failure. Never give up and persist in your goal. You may be successful in the future.

lydia he

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty New Oriental

Post  Davidhuo Sun May 06, 2012 4:43 pm

The founder of the New Oriental, Yu Minhong, is a very good example. He took the College Entrance Examination for three times. Finally he was admitted to Peking University. After graduation, he stayed in the university for teaching. Unfortunately he was fired by the university committee duo to his violating the discipline of the college. But he never gave up. Instead, he started his training classes in Beijing. In spite of all difficulties, he persisted his career and finally he succeeded. New Oriental has become the biggest private education institution at home and succeeded being listed in the New York Stock Market. This story perfectly echoes the idea, "Failure is the mother of success and perseverance is the father of success."

Davidhuo

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty Failure is the mother of success, and perseverance is its father?

Post  Anna~ Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:20 am

In our daily life, there are many things need us to persist. Just as the Red & Seabiscuit in the movie. We often hear people say, “Never give up.” These encouraging words are words of determination. A person who believes in them will keep trying to reach his goal no matter how many times he fails. Therefore, "Never give up"—— the determination to succeed, is an important quality we ought to possess. One reason is that, if we give up too easily, we will rarely achieve anything. Another reason we should never give up is that we can learn from our mistakes only if we make a new effort.

Anna~

Back to top Go down

Post  sophie jinping Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:32 pm

the literary principle according to which the writing and criticism of poetry and drama were to be guided by rules and precedents derived from the best ancient Greek and roman authors

sophie jinping

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty re:

Post  Eric-05 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:39 am

Failure is the mother of success. Sometimes people have to cope with many mistakes and failures in order to reach the successful finals. While others might succumb to failure, they tend to retreat and give in their efforts. Success often provides confidence and satisfaction, nevertheless failure companies with bitter, saddness, and suffering. It seems people have to learn through each experience, as success doesn't always falls from heaven.

Eric-05

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part two) Empty reply

Post  Eric-05 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:39 am

I remembered I used to fail on my vocabury test when I was in high school. I had problem to memorize new words which got lloose each day. I almost decided to give up English, but was obliged to one of my neighbour classmates who kept on sending small sheet for me. In the end of the semester, I found I had finished my vocabulary book which became a work force in reading English. I then realized that a new word came and left our brains for several times. Nobody is born as genius for success. Success tends to arrive after a serial of trials and failures.

Eric-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca YZ Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 am

Stephen Hawking. He is really a hero. The fate that befell on him was cruel indeed, but he wasn't beaten by it. Instead he survived one of the most serious diseases and became one of the most famouse scientists in the world. When disasters attack us all of a sudden, we should never wait for being conquered by them but try our best to conquer them.

Rebecca YZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down