Gattaca (Part 2)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

re: Gattaca (Part 2)

Post  melissa15 on Thu May 31, 2012 5:07 am

in our nowadays society, there is no this kind of technology, and we can't predict a person according to his DNA, but in our life, people can show theie prejudice because of the different family backgrounds or social position or even power in hand. our society have take it for granted that these who are poor or disable or uncapable are lower leveled. so in the movie, the people born natural are prejudiced.

melissa15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

about vincent

Post  melissa15 on Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 am

i have pity on vincent at the beginning and admiration at the last. he was born unluckily,because he has the fate of 30 years and was compared with his brother all teh time. he has his oen dream and want to prove himself. then he seizes the chance and live with other's name. he is smart and wise, he can fight for the life he wants. he is couragous. but i don't like the ending of the movie.

melissa15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gattaca (Part 2)

Post  Davidhuo on Thu May 31, 2012 6:55 am

I don't believe science can predict a man's future. The object of science is to analyze facts, improve the productivity and provide a comfortable life for people. Science itself is noting wrong. What really matters is that how we, human beings, make use of it. The aspiration for Vincent to challenge the science is from his dream, specifically his intellectual mind. A person's future is unpredictable because there are so many happenings unexpected.

Davidhuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Selena 5 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Yes, to some degree societies already show prejudices against people because of their DNA. Though most of us are common people and people cannot see any difference of our DNA, to those people who are very foolish even have some diseases because of their DNA, people really show their prejudices.
If we had this kind of technology to use in the world, I will not choose to use it. I think we should be natural; to change one’s DNA is against nature, though it may bring the improvements of technology. So, I will not choose to use it.

Selena 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Selena 5 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:45 pm

I think vincent challenge what science told him about his life because he had his belief. He work hard and believed that he could achieved his dream even if he would lose his life.
I do not believe that science can predict a person's future ability. It is right that science can predict a baby has heart disease even before he is born, however, it cannot predict one’s future, because one’s future is not only decided by the DNA, but many other factors, such as hardworking and persistence.

Selena 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re:

Post  Eric-05 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:01 pm

I don’t think that science can predict a person's future ability. Everyone aspire after success and ability no matter where he came but where he will go. The point determined the distance he could reach. No one can predict a person’s future even the science. There are many opportunities can change one’s choice on their way.

Eric-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca YZ on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 am

Like what I said in the last topic, I will never believe that DNA can be used to gauge people's future ability. Actually it's that same with racial discrimination by nature. But if one day this technology is available, I think I will still use it. It's just like this: you know that going to high-quality private school cannot necessarily guarantee that your child will have a better future, but you still want to send your child in one of this kind of schools.

Rebecca YZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dianapu on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:05 pm

I don't think any kind of science can predict people"s future. as we all know, people's potential ability cannot be predicted. so, future also is unknow. in addition, people with special DNA, I think , should not be prejudiced but looked up to, if this kind of people is really in this world

Dianapu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top