Video Chaser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Patriot Part 2 "the title"

+16
RileyYin
Angela*
melissa15
ELLA@
Vicki Z
Eric-05
Richard007
Rebecca YZ
Davidhuo
05crystal
emma-lee
lydia he
Juliaye
chenny
Sophia14
Admin
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty the Patriot Part 2 "the title"

Post  Admin Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:56 pm

The movie is called the Patriot.
Do you think this is an accurate title? Why?
Who do you think is the biggest patriot in the movie? Why?
What do you consider a patriot?

Admin
Admin

https://videochaser.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty the patriot

Post  Sophia14 Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 pm

I think the title is accurate. First, the father at first did not want to fight because he wanted to protect his family. but at last he held the weapon to protect his country. Second, the son fighted for his country and repaired the flag of his country. they all can be seen as patriots.
in the movie, the father can be seen as the biggest patriot. he protect his country and he encouraged the people to fight rather than retreat. this leadfs to the success.

Sophia14

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty Re: the Patriot Part 2 "the title"

Post  chenny Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:29 pm

I think the title is accurate. The movie is about Americans fighting against the ruling British hegemony. The fight for national independence and therefore, they are patriots.

The biggest patriot is of course the protagonist. He successfully led the others in the battles and this made him not only a fighter but also a skillful leader. He contributed to the final victory more than anyone else in the movie hence deserved to be called the biggest patriot.

I consider a patriot as a person who fight for the national unity and honor.

chenny

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty title and the biggest patriot

Post  Juliaye Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:28 am

I think this title is accurate because it reflects the theme of the movie. When we come across such a title, we may imagine that it must be a story about a person or a people who fights for or protects his nation. Looking back through the movie, we find it is just as we have imagined. And moreover, it makes me think more about the background. So it’s a good title.
As to the biggest patriot, in my eye, everyone can be entitled as the greatest patriot. Some may think the hero is, but I think the normal people are the main force in pushing the history forward. If there were only a big hero without people following him, he couldn’t affect the history. So I think the biggest patriot is in everyone in the USA, so that they finally can hug a united nation..

Juliaye

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty A Patriot in my mind

Post  Juliaye Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:29 am

A Patriot is someone who loves his country and who can stand up when his nation has some troubles, and can sacrifice his life to save the country. In war, he is a hero. In peaceful times, a patriot loves his country in the deep heart. When he looks at the national flag rising, he feels excited and thankful for staying in such a lovely place. He shows respect to his nation, caring what is happening in current affairs. He acts as a normal person in building the country, making his contribution to his motherland. He loves his people and regards them as brothers and sisters. When someone says bad words to his country, he may feel angry. In conclusion, a patriot loves his country as his mother.

Juliaye

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty opinion

Post  lydia he Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:14 pm

I think the title is accurate. In the movie, Americans fight against the British. They fight for national independence. They fight for freedom. They are the patriots. Because of their pursuit of freedom and independence, they insist on fighting against British army. They are the heroes. Although they lose their children, friends and families, they never give up their pursuit. They are the patriots of their future country.

lydia he

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty re-patriot

Post  emma-lee Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:29 pm

I think the title is accurate. Because the story is about people fight for their freedom. If we want our family to be comfortable, we have to protect our country first. In my opinion, I think the father is the biggest patriot in the movie. What he did in the last impressed me deeply.

emma-lee

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty re-patriot

Post  emma-lee Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:30 pm

As far as I am concerned, a patriot is a man who does something good for his country. He will think for his country when he makes a decision that concerns about the benefit for his country. He will under his country first. In all, a patriot is one who is loyal to his country.

emma-lee

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty patriot~

Post  lydia he Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:32 pm

In this movie, I think the leader Benjamin Martin is the biggest patriot. He successfully leads the people and he makes people insist on what they are doing. He protects his family and the people around him.
In my opinion, a patriot is the one who loves his country, who can fight for his country when his nation is involved into troubles, and who can sacrifice his life to protect his country. He will be the hero of his country. The patriot loves his country from his heart. He respects his nation and pays attention to the current affairs. He would like to contribute to his country.

lydia he

Back to top Go down

Post  05crystal Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:07 am

The title is accurate. Patriots are those who habor a kind of deeply-rooted love for their country. They are even likely to risk their own life to protect their motherland.In this movie, all the people who struggle for freedom and independence of their countrycan be called patriots. Benjamin is a mininature of all the patriots because he demonstarates all sorts of good qualities of a patriot.

05crystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Davidhuo Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:01 pm

The title is accurate. I think the patriot in this movie has two meanings--country-lover and family-lover. As the saying goes, a family is the smallest country while a country is the biggest family.People fighting for freedom and indepence in the movie love their familes and country. So they all deserve to be called patriots. As for the biggest patriot in the movie, it's Benjaming Martin because he has sacrificed a lot and the final victory was made by his encouragement and action. What's more, he bravely and righteously lead the fighting.

Davidhuo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca YZ Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:57 pm

I think it's not very accurate, Patriot means that someone is really loyal to his country, while I think in this movie, people showed more of the loyalty to the values they believe, not just their country.
I think Benjamin Martin and the black man are the biggest patriots. I appreciate the loyalty of Benjamin because he is not an impetuous man. He knows what the war means exactly, and he has seven children to take care of, which makes him more respectable when he finally decides to join the melitia. And the black man is also respectable because he stays loyal to his country and fight for her even when he is already free.
I think a real patriot not only stays loyal to his country, but also knows what is right to do. If his country is doing something against the basic human principles, he should recognize it and say no, because these things damage the reputation and dignity of his country.

Rebecca YZ

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty Yes, it is an accurate title for this film

Post  Richard007 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm

I think this title is excellent for this film. Simply, a patriot is one

who loves his own country. However, in this film, I think patriot has

more general sense--one who loves and believes in his own faith. As we

know, America was originally a colony. Later, Americans fought against

the colonists for freedom and independence. So freedom and independence

became two traditional American values during the fight. The warriors

in the film, especially the Militia, they indeed love their country.

What is more, they love freedom and independence. They never want be

surpressed and colonized. So as a patriot, one must love his own

beliefs. Meanwhile, these beliefs are bestowed by his own country.

Certainly, he will love his own country and sacrifice for her.

Richard007

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty reply

Post  Eric-05 Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:51 am

I think this is an accurate title. The movie is about Americans fighting against the ruling British hegemony. Then the men of American fight for their nation. They fight for national independence, so they are patriots.
I think everyone in the fighting is a patriot. They have equal right to love their nation and fight for her. When the nation was in danger, the men love his nation will be call patriot and fight for the nation.
I consider a patriot as a person who fights for the national unity and honor and loves his country as his mother.

Eric-05

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty Re:

Post  Vicki Z Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:23 am

I think Patriot might be the best name for this good movie. In spite of Banjiming's original motive--for his family, it's too narrow to define it as a family love film. What the film tries to convey , I consider, is the pursuit of freedom, the passion for freedom. So it is very precise to to give it such a name.
A real soilder can protect the country and peel the potato. That's what I think a real patriot is like--run for his country, and love his family.

Vicki Z

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty Re:question2

Post  Vicki Z Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:24 am

In restropect, I fell that the old son, Gabrel is the really biggest patriot. Unlike his father who has an obligation and duty from his family, or revenge in a way, Gabrel seems to be free from any burden, not from his father. Nor from the war itself, because he has a well-off family that protects him from the sufferings of the war. He could have lived a casual life in his big plantation. However, conversely, he chose to join the army at risk of life. He should be highly spoken.

Vicki Z

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty the title of the movie

Post  ELLA@ Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:09 am

i think the title of the movie is accurate. in the movie the americans fought for their country against the england. they did their best to fight, and all they did is to protect their country. so i think thney are patriots.

i think Benjamin is the biggest patriot. he led people to protect his country and fought severiously. but the other people were all patriots, they left their home to protect the conrty.

ELLA@

Back to top Go down

Post  ELLA@ Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 am

i think a patriot is a person who loves his country deeply. when his country had difficulities, he would stood out to help his country and were a hero. no matter what happened, he will love his country in his heart. if the country had something successful; a patriot will feel pround of his country and be the people of the country.

ELLA@

Back to top Go down

Post  melissa15 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 am

no doubt that this title is accurate to this film.the characters in the movie are all patriots, while the father, Benjinmin martin is the most excellent patriot. though at first he refuses to fight, he later on take on the weapon and join in his son. he is wise enough to behave as a leader and responsible enough to fight as a normal people for his own country.

melissa15

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty my opinions

Post  Angela* Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:37 pm

The title the Patriot gives an exact description of the movie. At first, Benjamin Martin was just want to protect his own family, just want to enjoy a peaceful life with beloved children. He loves his nation through live a good life that's his own. But after he saw the savage act of the British hegemony, he follows his son to protect his own nation. He is the bravest one in the movie; he realized his dream with his rich experience and great intelligence.

From my point of view, the biggest patriot in the movie is Benjamin Martin. As a true patriot, one would gladly die in battle defending his homeland. In the movie, the patriot thinks first of his country and later himself. He never worries about his own life, what he worries is his family member’s safety. He did what he can to help his country to gain a new life, to gain true freedom.

In my mind, a patriot is a person who loves his country and who is ready to defend it against an enemy.

Angela*

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyYin Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:25 pm

I don’t think it is the best or most suitable title for the movie. It’s sure that they fight for their country’s independence. What’s more, they fight for their freedom, their family. Especially, what motivated the main character, Ben, to join in the war is his son’s death, although maybe this is just the direct reason for his joining.
The biggest patriot in the movie I think is Gabriel. The motivation he joins the war is quite simple, to do whatever he can, to attract the girl.
A patriot should always be ready to protect his county, whatever obstacles he may face.

RileyYin

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyYin Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Vicki Z wrote:In restropect, I fell that the old son, Gabrel is the really biggest patriot. Unlike his father who has an obligation and duty from his family, or revenge in a way, Gabrel seems to be free from any burden, not from his father. Nor from the war itself, because he has a well-off family that protects him from the sufferings of the war. He could have lived a casual life in his big plantation. However, conversely, he chose to join the army at risk of life. He should be highly spoken.
Vicki, I agree with you! Indeed, Gabriel was the biggest patriot. But I also think his purpose to join in the war was not so pure. He also wanted to attract the girl's attention.

RileyYin

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty who is the patriot?

Post  Anna~ Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:51 pm

First of all, the think the title is very accurate! And in my mind both Benjamin Martin and his biggest son are patriots. The Colonies are calling are searching for volunteers to join the regular army. Benjamin Martin, the legendary "Hero of Fort Wilderness" and now a farmer, makes his reservations about the Revolution known in public: "This war will be fought not on some distant frontier but among us, among our homes." His patriotic son, Gabriel (Heath Ledger), dishonored by his father's reticence, joins with an enthusiasm for the cause that Martin does not feel. Soon, however, an engagement occurs in a field on the Martin farm. When, in the wake of the conflict, Martin is found to have aided wounded rebels (as well as injured British soldiers), his house is burned to the ground. Gabriel is arrested and taken to be hanged. Martin's second eldest son, Thomas (Gregory Smith), is slain by the cold-hearted Col. William Tavington (Jason Isaacs). This act of savagery brings Martin into the war with a fury, accepting a command from Col. Harry Burwell (Chris Cooper) to lead the local militia in guerilla-type attacks against British targets. Soon known as "the ghost", he becomes a growing threat to the Redcoats - so much so, in fact, that no less a personage than General Cornwallis (Tom Wilkinson) orders that any and all means be used to capture Martin.

Anna~

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" Empty An inaccurate title

Post  Grace520 Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:40 am

Admin wrote:
The movie is called the Patriot.
Do you think this is an accurate title? Why?
Who do you think is the biggest patriot in the movie? Why?
What do you consider a patriot?
I think it's an incur rate title. Obviously, it's not the people's patriotism that pushes the most people into the war. It's their responsibility to protect their family that pushes them to the war. The biggest patriot is the son. It's his strong passion of patriot that takes him to fight. A patriot is the one who choose to serve his country when the benefit of his country and his own benefit is in conflict.

Grace520

Back to top Go down

Post  Selena 5 Sun May 06, 2012 10:24 am

I think the title is accurate, because the movie is about a group of Americans who fight with the British to gain independence and freedom. Though in the beginning the father just wanted to protect his family and didn’t want to join the army, he became a leader of the militia later and contributed a lot to the war. So, he is the biggest patriot in my mind, though he is not perfect.
As far as I am concerned, patriot is someone who loves his country and fights for his own country when his country is invaded by other countries.

Selena 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next